TEHRAN – TUGA and PARTO, two MAPNA companies, and TURBOTEC Company along with NRI jointly announced the entry into a series of long-term agreements that amend the commercial and technological relationships between the four parties. The Agreements focus on:
- Long-term collaboration on new upgrading of Frame 9 heavy-duty gas turbine.
- A series of agreements relating to Marketing, Development, Manufacturing and implementation
Hiwa Khaledi, TURBOTEC’s president and CEO, said, as a R&D and Design company “We are very pleased with the agreements we have reached. NRI provide clarity for customers, official decision makers and shareholders. On the other hand, our ability to execute and provide a differentiated investment opportunity is changed by agreement with capable manufacturers at MAPNA. We have game-changing plans for upgrading in power sector. Importantly, there will be significant material impact to our outlook, strong balance sheet, or ability to generate cash. We remain well positioned to capitalize on the positive outlook for our industry and are focused on our top priorities of technology development and design activities.”
TURBOTEC Chairman M. DIBAJEE, said, “Earlier last year we announced our intent to pursue an aggressive strategy into service market of power sector. The agreements announced accelerate that plan in a manner that mutually benefits all companies and their shareholders. We look forward to continuing our commercial relationship, which strengthens both TURBOTEC’s, TUGA and PARTO’s abilities to deliver high-value technologies and solutions to IRANIAN customers.”
NRI top manager M. ASAYESH declared, “We took a major step in gathering unused separate design and manufacturing potentials in country to enhance capabilities against foreign technology owners”.
All parties hope this is an opening to further collaborations which is first-of-its-kind in IRAN. The agreements will become effective at the later of MAY 22, 2019.
- Secured long-term collaboration on GE frame 9 heavy duty gas turbine upgrading
- A NOEM (New to OEM) upgrading to enhance performance of GE frame 9 units operating in Hot Ambient conditions by compressor and control system modifications. No such services are providing by GE as OEM.
- Major upgrading in performance and life by offering 9EHP upgrading solution which includes major modifications compressor and hot parts.
- TURBOTEC responsibility in Design and Proposal Engineering; TUGA and PARTO as Manufacturers
Other key agreements
- Manufacturing Costs considered to be comparable with worldwide competitors.
- Exclusivity of agreement within Iranian Market.
- All parties agreed on no parallel activities within the scope of agreement.
- Possibility of amendment for further improvement and upgrading
- Nomination of Steering committee by each party within two weeks
- Start of manufacturing for designed parts