Power Concept for IGT25 Gas Turbine
What it offers
The IGT25+ or Power Concept is an upgrade of IGT25 to increase engine performance and lifetime. This upgrade utilizes a new state of the art 3D design of compressor and reduction in turbine cooling mass flow rates by new materials choice in addition to an optimized design of the cooling and sealing systems. These modifications make it possible to increase power output by more than 2 MW. In this design, the efficiency is expected to increase by 1%.
IGT25+ gas turbines are suitable choices to be coupled with re-bundled gas compressors in order to increase the capacity of gas transportation lines, due to their increased power and efficiency and low added cost to improve performance.
By implementing this upgrade in some Iranian Gas Transportation stations, the capacity of IGAT III gas transportation line will increase up to 10%. Total profit due to this upgrade is comparable to the cost of a number of new GT units per year.
The main concepts to improve performance are using advanced aerodynamic design in compressor and reducing required cooling and sealing flows in turbine component.
Make the most out of the engine!
What You Gain
• New design of IGV and first and second stages
• New 3D Design Stator Vanes
• New materials in vanes and blades
• Cooling system optimized design
• Adjusting power turbine first NGV
• Power turbine reprofiling
• Vane1 count reduction and reprofiling
A glimpse into the new design
These modifications can be installed on the gas turbine by investing extra cost for upgraded parts in the maintenance intervals. The main concepts to improve performance are using advanced aerodynamic design in compressor and reducing required cooling and sealing flows in turbine component. Performance improving procedures are executed in compressor and turbine components.
- New design of IGV, first and second stages of the compressor
- New design of stators in third to tenth stages of the compressor
- These changes result in an increase in the compressor mass flow rate and compressor efficiency.
- Turbine components improvement by using directionally solidified materials
- New Vanes design utilizing Singlet and Count reduction design
- An optimized design of the cooling and sealing system
These changes in compressor turbine result in a decrease in cooling and sealing system mass flow rate consumption.
- Re-Profiling of all blades and vanes
These changes help to increase power turbine efficiency and consequently the Gas Turbine performance.