For IGT25 Gas Turbine
What it offers
A glimpse into the design
After the air enters the system from four connections on compressor casing, it is distributed in manifold through flexible pipes. Each part gets connected to others by standard flanges.
The air is then collected manifold and is transmitted to air intake through one major pipeline.
The system also includes a control valve for setting the amount of hot air extracted from compressor to reduce the amount of energy consumption.
It has two pressure gauges to measure the pressure on both sides of the control valve to check the accuracy of control valve.
A specific nozzle configuration also is used for better distribution of air into filter house
Customer benefits include:
- prohibiting ice formation in the plenum, bell-mouth and IGVs in severely cold conditions
- Improving the availability by reducing down time (caused by ice formation in filter house, plenum, bell-mouth and IGVs)
- Reducing FOD probability
- Reducing maintenance costs
- Improving reliability by reducing the probability of ice formation
Advantages of Compressor inlet bleed heating system:
- The greatest advantage with this system is that the heat source can increase the inlet air temperature without affecting the water content in the inlet air, that is, without affecting the absolute humidity of the inlet air. This is because the hot air that extracts from the compressor is dry and warm enough. The system is basically quite simple, since only one control valve is required. It is a well proven technology and usually quite reliable and controllable.
- Relative to the other anti-icing systems, it is generally the least expensive. In addition to this, the relatively high pressure at which heating air is discharged promotes uniform mixing.